Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Studying Abroad

Recently I was exposed to an opportunity to study abroad. The program I was presented with was a European Business Environment program. The program is from May 21st to June 30th 2016. The study tour takes place in Dublin, Ireland at UCD. After listening to the presentation I did some research on costs, application process, and the pros and  cons of studying abroad. I found a little bit of everything while researching.

Pros:

  • Meeting new people
  • International business experience
  • Learning new culture
  • Building a culturally diverse resume
  • Networking
  • Great experience
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Credits may not transfer
  • A lot of travel
  • Culture shock 
  • Homesick
  • Language Barrier
  • No income/no job
While researching I also came across some opportunities that NDSU offers for financial aid for studying abroad. There was also quite an extensive list of scholarships available to help with the costs. Overall I think the study abroad programs seem like a great thing to do if you have the means and time to. However I am still undecided whether or not I will partake in this study abroad experience. The pros seem to outweigh the cons besides the financial aspect. As a business student I would get great international business experience if I were to seek this opportunity.


Works Cited:

NDSU. "International Student and Study Abroad Services." Ndsu.edu. NDSU, n.d. Web. 15 Sept. 2015.
"4 Signs You Should NOT Study Abroad." USA TODAY College. N.p., 30 Sept. 2014. Web. 15 Sept. 2015.
Waters, Marcie. Study Abroad. Digital image. Www.studentofflscs.wordpress.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Sept. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment