Thursday, August 27, 2015

Introduction Blog: Week 1

Just an introduction 

Hello everyone, I would first like to introduce myself. My name is Tori Geston. I was born and raised right here in Fargo, North Dakota. When i'm not working or going to class, you can find me either a) running b) shopping c) playing the piano or d) hanging out with friends. Some of my hobbies include music (cello and piano) , running, playing soccer, modeling, and fashion. Some fun facts about me include: I have a insane obsession with Ice cream, I run at least 5 miles a day, I make really good key lime pie (or so I think), and i've attended 2 Michael Bublé concerts. 

A little more in depth
I am a junior at NDSU majoring in Business Management, minoring in Apparel/Retail merchandising. As with most college students, this was not my original major coming into college freshman year. In fact I had quite a few changes in majors before I decided to stick with one. Let me tell you a little about why Business Management is what I decided to stick to. Starting a little over a year and a half ago I started working at a locally owned bridal store which I pursed because I was seeking a part time job in the retail field. Nevertheless, it turns out this job opened my eyes to a whole new industry in which I have come to love. I am exposed to real world situations and decisions that business managers face everyday, giving me a taste for the career. The pictures displayed below are just a few examples of some of the company's Facebook posts that I have created.





Classes actually being applicable?

Carpe Diem! Now that I am junior, I am in the school of business. A huge sigh of relief is breathed now that my classes actually apply to my interest in the work force. My fall schedule consists of managment, marketing, finance, business writing, and statistic classes. All of which are applicable to my potential jobs in the business world. I am elated to start learning information in classes in which I can apply and take with me the rest of my career. These courses are just the start to my exciting adventure in the wonderful world of business.


No comments:

Post a Comment